Ex-Im Bank’s Transportation Division will evaluate the performance of Qualified Advisors periodically based on the elements below.
- Adequacy and quality of the financial information relied upon by the Qualified Advisor
- Accurate representation of such financial information in the analysis
- Inclusion of ratios required under Ex-Im Bank’s medium or long-term risk rating methodology as appropriate for each transaction
- Addition of factors not included in these methodologies that should be taken into account for a specific buyer – inclusion of all key points
- Thoroughness of the analysis; thoughtful insight and analysis – not just regurgitation of facts
- Adequacy and quality of the business, reputation and other information provided and reviewed
- Fairness and accuracy of assessment of the information provided
Business Experience and Market Position
- Thoroughness of detailed summary of the operator's business and experience related to aviation
- Sufficient detail included in the description of borrower’s market and analysis of its market position
Risk Rating Recommendation
- The analysis of the borrower supports the recommended risk rating
- Ex-Im Bank concurs with the risk rating recommended by the Qualified Advisor
- A challenge to the proposed rating under ASU procedures is not due to relevant data “missed” by the Qualified Advisor
- Accurate identification of aircraft specifications, discounts and options
- Estimated current and future values provided by qualified source and adjusted as appropriate to reflect individual customer’s aircraft experience, maintenance available in country, use and hours, etc.
- LTV (loan to value)analysis includes appropriate penalty interest and estimated costs to recover and remarket the aircraft
- Full explanation of rationale for recommended terms, supported by the analysis
- Terms reflect operator’s use of the aircraft and experience with other aircraft
- Recommended terms usually included in the Ex-Im Bank approved transaction
- Accurate analysis of country risk related to recovery of the aircraft
- Ex-Im usually concurs with the country risk analysis
Quality of Presentation
- Well written and well-organized presentation
- All required information is included
- Submission is in agreed format
Track Record/Working Relationship
- Quality of the transactions developed by the Qualified Advisor – late payments, defaults, claims
- Availability to work with Ex-Im Bank staff on a timely basis to respond to questions and provide additional information when needed
- Ability to work constructively with Ex-Im Bank staff to resolve any differences of opinion related to the analysis, proposed structure, etc.
- Ability to facilitate and to effect assistance from the OEM in recovering, repairing and remarketing the aircraft upon request by Ex-Im Bank.