Use Single-Buyer Insurance to:
- Extend credit terms to a foreign customer.
- Insure against nonpayment by an international buyer.
- Cover both commercial (e.g., bankruptcy) and political (e.g., war or the inconvertibility of currency) risks.
- Arrange financing through a lender by using insured receivables as additional collateral.
Benefits of Single-Buyer Insurance:
- Risk reduction: safeguard against catastrophic losses from buyer nonpayment.
- Increased competitiveness: unlock the ability to offer buyers the credit necessary to expand into new markets and boost sales with existing customers.
- Improved liquidity: accelerate cash flow by borrowing against foreign receivables.
- Credit management expertise: ease the burden of credit risk management by leveraging EXIM’s international expertise.
How it Works
The nuts and bolts of a policy are simpler than one might imagine.
- Policies cover both commercial and political risks.
- Coverage rates range from 90-100% at an affordable premium.