EXIM’s Multi-Buyer Standard Insurance is designed for larger and more experienced exporters but is available to exporters of all sizes and experience levels. This policy is designed for exporters that choose to have their whole international portfolio of customers insured.
Use Multi-Buyer Standard Insurance to:
- Extend credit terms to multiple foreign customers.
- Insure against nonpayment by international buyers.
- Cover both commercial (e.g., bankruptcy) and political (e.g., war or the inconvertibility of currency) risks.
- Arrange financing through a lender by using insured receivables as additional collateral.
Benefits of Multi-Buyer Standard Insurance:
- Risk Reduction: safeguard against catastrophic losses from buyer nonpayment.
- Increased Competitiveness: unlock the ability to offer buyers the credit necessary to expand into new markets and boost sales with existing customers.
- Improved Liquidity: accelerate cash flow by borrowing against foreign receivables.
- Credit Management Expertise: ease the burden of credit risk management by leveraging EXIM's international expertise.
- Flexibility: Meet international sales orders in a timely manner with the potential for larger discretionary decision making tools
How it Works
The nuts and bolts of a policy are simpler than one might imagine.
- Policies cover both commercial and political risks at 95%.
- Sovereign buyers are covered at 100%. Bulk agricultural commodity exports qualify for 98% coverage
- There are no application fees or annual minimum premium. A one-time, refundable advance deposit minimum of $500 is required to issue the policy
- Discretionary Credit Limits available, allowing the exporter to ship to buyers up to pre-approved limits without seeking EXIM prior approval
- Subject to approval, policy proceeds (claim payments) may be assigned to a financial institution to arrange receivables financing or to add insured foreign accounts receivable to the borrowing base