What Should My Federal Resume Contain?
Specific information requested in the job announcement, and following general information:
- Job announcement number, title and grade of the job you are applying
- Full name, mailing address, day & evening phone numbers, and email address
- U.S citizenship
- Veterans' preference (Form-DD214 or other proof required)
- Reinstatement eligibility (If requested, attach Form-50, proof of your status
- Education (Include high school, colleges or universities, name of city and state of school(s)
- Work experience (Include job title, series and grade; duties and accomplishments; employer's name and address; supervisor's name and phone number; starting and ending dates; salary)
- Indicate if we may contact your current supervisor
- Include any other qualifications or certifications obtained
Most jobs include addressing job specific knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) in addition to resume or job application
The following document is available to provide you with more information about drafting your resume and applying for a career in the Federal Government: Tips for Applying for Federal Employment (Tips-for-Applying-for-Federal-Employment-1.pdf).