The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), found in Section 552 of Title 5 of the United States Code, was enacted by Congress to provide the public with access to certain federal records. The Act requires federal agencies to produce government records in response to requests from the public, provided that the records are not exempt from disclosure by the FOIA.
The Export-Import Bank, like all federal agencies, charges for processing FOIA requests. Much of the information typically sought by FOIA requesters is available free of charge, however, on this website. EXIM Bank encourages all prospective FOIA requesters to thoroughly search this website prior to submission of a FOIA request.
Due to the high volume of Bank transactions and number of participants, EXIM Bank has determined that it would be unduly burdensome to review transaction participant information, such as street addresses and phone numbers, in order to discern if the provided information is personal information that would be protected under FOIA Exemption 6. The Bank has a high volume of small business participants who may use their personal information in the company fields. As such, the Bank will not publicly disclose participant street addresses and phone numbers.
Frequently Requested Records and Proactive Disclosures:
- Quarterly Deal Data Information
- EXIM Bank Annual Reports
- EXIM Bank FOIA Log, 2013 - December 31, 2019
- Country Limitation Schedule
- Minutes of the Board of Directors and Credit Committee
- Competitiveness Report to Congress (Report to the U.S. Congress on Export Credit Competition and the Export-Import Bank of the United States)
- Link to Export-Import Bank FFATA (Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act) transaction information on USAspending.gov site (Bank's information) using the search capability and parameters options provided on USAspending.gov web site. This information is updated frequently and available to the public for searching as well as downloading.
- Congressional Budget Justification Reports
- FY 2020 Congressional Budget Justification
- FY 2019 Congressional Budget Justification
- FY 2018 Congressional Budget Justification
- FY 2017 Congressional Budget Justification
- FY 2016 Congressional Budget Justification
- FY 2015 Congressional Budget Justification
- FY 2014 Congressional Budget Justification
- FY 2013 Congressional Budget Justification
- FY 2012 Congressional Budget Justification
- FY 2011 Congressional Budget Justification
- FY 2010 Congressional Budget Justification
- FY 2009 Congressional Budget Justification
- Landing Team Document EXIM Transition
- Office of Ethics Policies
Subscribe to EXIM Bank electronic publications: (The public may subscribe, at no cost, to the Bank's news updates, Exporter Newsletter, Environmental Exports Program Update, Africa news, the Americas and Caribbean news, India news, and Broader Middle East and North Africa news, as well as receive alerts on changes to the Country Limitation Schedule).
FOIA Reading Room Certification (October 27, 2008)
Please direct all FOIA questions to Lennell Jackson at (202) 565-3290 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.