Program on China and Transformational Exports: Supporting Wireless Technology Exports
EXIM is committed to actively supporting the U.S. telecommunications industry, including manufacturing and services related to 5G wireless communications and associated scalable infrastructures. Indeed, telecommunications networks are essential to our economy and national security, and this sector is a critical area for EXIM action.
EXIM provides competitive financing solutions to help level the playing field for U.S. exporters and empower them to compete in the global telecommunications market. The agency’s financing facilities enable buyers of U.S. telecommunications goods and services to make selections based on the quality of the offerings, rather than on financing terms.
EXIM’s Telecommunications Experience
EXIM has significant experience evaluating international telecommunication opportunities where U.S. goods and services are being procured. The agency’s experience spans several telecommunications sub-sectors, including:
- Mobile network solutions.
- Fixed wireless network solutions.
- Satellite communications infrastructure.
- Terrestrial and submarine cable networks.
- Telecommunications networks.
- Broadcasting and software licenses.
- Data centers.
EXIM’s Export Financing Solutions
EXIM is a long-standing global leader and innovator in the development of competitive export credit financing solutions. EXIM was the first export credit agency to create a limited recourse project financing team. Today the agency continues to lead the way in creative market solutions to promote the procurement of U.S. goods and services. Export financing and risk mitigation solutions available through EXIM include:
- Working Capital Loan Guarantees.
- Medium-Term Credit Insurance.
- Direct Loans.
- Guaranteed Loans.
- International Receivable Insurance.
- Capital Market Guarantees.
- Bridge Loan Financing.
Benefits to Seeking an EXIM Financing Solution
Working with EXIM, U.S. companies can further grow their international customer base, showcase the quality of well-made American goods and services, monetize their valuable intellectual properties, and support U.S. jobs while significantly reducing the risk of nonpayment on international sales. Financing can be provided for customers in markets where medium- and long-term financing is too costly or otherwise not available. Other benefits of EXIM’s financing solutions include:
- Up to 100 percent risk coverage: EXIM guarantees to commercial lenders are unconditional, transferable, and can cover up to 100 percent of commercial and political risks on the EXIM financed portions.
- Industry expertise: Sector-focused deal teams with extensive experience execute complex corporate, structured, and project finance transactions globally.
- Competitively priced: EXIM loan guarantees are backed by the full faith and credit of U.S. government.
- Foreign currency guarantees: EXIM offers foreign currency denominated guarantees for readily convertible currencies. In addition, the agency may also consider guarantees in other currencies on a case-by-case basis.
- Local costs financing: EXIM offers financing for up to 30 percent of eligible local costs.
EXIM is an independent federal agency that promotes and supports American jobs by providing competitive and necessary export credit to support sales of U.S. goods and services to international buyers. A robust EXIM can level the global playing field for U.S. exporters when they compete against foreign companies that receive support from their governments. EXIM also contributes to U.S. economic growth by helping to create and sustain hundreds of thousands of jobs in exporting businesses and their supply chains across the United States. In recent years, approximately 90 percent of the total number of the agency’s authorizations has directly supported small businesses. Since 1992, EXIM has generated more than $9 billion for the U.S. Treasury for repayment of U.S. debt.