Program on China and Transformational Exports: Supporting Quantum Computing
The U.S. quantum computing (QC) industry, including manufacturing and services related to the design and fabrication of associated hardware and software as well as providers of associated services, represents a critical area for EXIM action. The QC industry serves as a crucial foundation for global technological innovation, and strengthening the competitive advantage and technological leadership of the U.S. QC industry is essential to America’s economic and national security.
EXIM provides competitive financing solutions to help level the playing field for U.S. exporters and empower them to compete in a fierce global marketplace. The agency’s financing facilities enable buyers of U.S. goods and services to make selections based on the quality of the offerings, rather than on financing terms.
EXIM’s Interest in Supporting U.S. Quantum Computing
EXIM is committed to evaluating international QC opportunities where U.S. goods and services are being procured. The agency is open to consider supporting U.S. exporting prospects across the industry’s entire value chain.
EXIM’s Export Financing Solutions
EXIM is a long-standing global leader and innovator in the development of competitive export credit financing solutions. EXIM was the first export credit agency to create a limited recourse project financing team. Today the agency continues to lead the way in creative market solutions to promote the procurement of U.S. goods and services. Export financing and risk mitigation solutions available through EXIM include:
- Working Capital Loan Guarantees
- Medium-Term Credit Insurance
- Direct Loans
- Guaranteed Loans
- International Receivable Insurance
- Capital Market Guarantees
- Bridge Loan Financing
Benefits to Seeking an EXIM Financing Solution
Working with EXIM, U.S. companies can further grow their international customer base, showcase the quality of well-made American goods and services, monetize their valuable intellectual properties, and support U.S. jobs while significantly reducing the risk of nonpayment on international sales. Financing can be provided for customers in markets where private-sector medium- and long-term financing is not available.
Other benefits of EXIM’s financing solutions include:
- Up to 100 percent risk coverage: EXIM guarantees to commercial lenders are unconditional, transferable, and can cover up to 100 percent of commercial and political risks on the EXIM financed portions.
- Industry expertise: Sector-focused deal teams with extensive experience execute complex corporate, structured, and project finance transactions globally.
- Competitively priced: EXIM loan guarantees are backed by the full faith and credit of U.S. government.
- Foreign currency guarantees: EXIM offers foreign currency denominated guarantees for readily convertible currencies. In addition, the agency may also consider guarantees in other currencies on a case-by-case basis.
- Local costs financing: EXIM offers financing for up to 30 percent of eligible local costs.
- For more information, contact Reza Nikfarjam in the Structured and Project Finance Division at Reza.Nikfarjam@exim.gov.
- For more information about the Program on China and Transformational Exports, contact ChinaProgram@exim.gov.
EXIM is an independent federal agency that promotes and supports American jobs by providing competitive and necessary export credit to support sales of U.S. goods and services to international buyers. A robust EXIM can level the global playing field for U.S. exporters when they compete against foreign companies that receive support from their governments. EXIM also contributes to U.S. economic growth by helping to create and sustain hundreds of thousands of jobs in exporting businesses and their supply chains across the United States. In recent years, approximately 90 percent of the total number of the agency’s authorizations has directly supported small businesses. Since 1992, EXIM has generated more than $9 billion for the U.S. Treasury for repayment of U.S. debt.