EXPORT UNIVERSITY is a training program developed by the District Export Council to help companies begin an export initiative and to gain skills and innovation in their international sales. Delivered by the U.S. Commercial Service (US Department of Commerce), Export 101 is designed for new-to-export firms that would like expert advice on the export basics. Attendees will receive a certificate following completion of this course. This course is ideal for marketing and sales management and staff, export operations personnel, purchasing, logistics, and anyone with a responsibility for export functions.
Course goals include: 1) evaluating export readiness; 2) developing an export marketing plan; 3) understanding the basics about U.S. export regulations, 4) international logistics, and 5) how to ensure that you get paid. This course DOES NOT treat the topic of foreign or outsourced manufacturing. It DOES NOT cover the topic of importing into the U.S.
- The Importance of Planning to a Successful Export Marketing Strategy
- Organizing for Export
- Protecting Your Interests Abroad
- Export Payment Methods and Financing Programs
- International Transportation Logistics
- Building International Infrastructure and Growing Your Business
- Panel of Exporters- Best Practices / Discussion / Q&A