Export Certification to be held on June 28th and 29th from 8:30 am- 4:30 pm in Rockwell Hall room 108. This will be a strong hands-on training program and is ideal for exporters of all experience levels. We will discuss many different topics from licensing, and incoterms, to documentation and country specific requirements.
Did You Know:
- More trade means more choices. The U.S. exports to more than 161 countries, which account for about 98% of world trade! Where to start or where to expand next?
- In 2014, the U.S. exported more “Made In USA” goods and services than ever before: $2.35 trillion!
- $765 billion went to the 20 countries that have “Free Trade Agreements” signed with the U.S.
- 98% of exporting companies in the U.S. are small or medium sized with fewer than 500 employees.
- 59% of all small or medium sized export to only one foreign market. There is room to grow!
· Export Market Opportunities, Strategies and Export Plan
· Letters of Credit, Export Financing, Payment Methods and International Credit Check
· U.S. Export Regulations, ITAR, CE Mark & Free Trade Agreements
· International Logistics, Incoterms, Quotes, Shipping Insurance, HTS Classification
· Legal Issues: Contracts, Patents, Impact of Translations and Going Global
Invited Speakers Include:
· Brent Rondon from the Global Business Program, Duquesne University SBDC
· LeeAnne Haworth from the U.S. Commercial Service
· Ricardo Iriart from Global Strategies
· Doug Harding, formerly with PPG Industries
· Pat Hayes from the Small Business Administration
· Regina Gordin, EXIM Bank
· Harold Booth from the Pennsylvania Association of Credit Management
· Bruce Chiu from Cohen & Grigsby Law
· Susanne Cook from Cohen & Grigsby Law
· Gonzalo Manchego from the Center for International Regulatory Assistance
· Marco Gruelle from DT Gruelle logistics
· Carla Anderson from UPS International
· Chuck Watson from RL Swearer Inc.
· Jim Singer from Fox Rothschild LLP.
· Charlene Nagy from Confluent Translations
· Jason Yarborough from Meyer, Unkovic & Scott Law
- All Attendees will receive an Export Training Certificate from the Duquesne University Small Business Development Center and the U.S. Small Business Administration
- You can start increasing your sales overseas
- You can better understand the export regulations, documentation and payment methods
Who should attend: Traffic managers, purchasing managers, plant managers, shipping/receiving personnel, compliance officer, ISO managers, sales managers/department, customer service managers, anyone involved/concerned with export compliance
- $249 for the 2-day course.
- Two or more people from same company: $195 each
- For one-day only: $150
Cost includes all reference material, morning pastries/coffee, and lunch.
Seating is limited, registration required to guarantee seat.