Fixed-Rate Term Financing for International Buyers
EXIM Bank's direct loans help you secure competitive financing for your international buyers. We provide fixed-rate financing-- up to 12 years in general and up to 18 years for renewable energy projects--to creditworthy international buyers in both the private and public sector, and finance your local costs up to 30%. With our direct loan, international buyers get competitive term financing that may previously have been unavailable.
How will these direct loans help my business?
EXIM Bank's Direct Loans provide:
- Financing for international buyers of U.S. goods and services.
- No limits on transaction size.
- Fixed-rate financing with interest rate set at the Commercial Interest Reference Rate (CIRR). (See Commercial Interest Reference Rate – CIRR).
- Coverage for 100% of commercial and political risks.
- Financing of up to 30% of local costs in addition to the U.S. exports.
- Financing of ancillary services and fees (legal, financial, bank, etc.)
- EXIM Bank finances only the U.S content. Please review EXIM Content Policy for more information.
- EXIM Bank can do business in most markets. However, we may be limited or unable to offer financing in certain countries and under certain terms. (See Country Information - Country Limitation Schedule).
- Products must be shipped from the U.S. to a foreign buyer.
- There is no minimum or maximum limit to the size of the export sale that may be financed with EXIM Bank's direct loan.
- EXIM Bank cannot support exports of military or defense products and services (with some exceptions), nor can we support purchases made by military buyers.
- All direct loans are subject to U.S. flag shipping requirements. (See Shipping Policy – MARAD).
EXIM Bank's direct loan to an international buyer is generally used for financing purchases of U.S. capital equipment and services. Prior to approving certain transactions, EXIM Bank will consider the economic impact of a particular transaction (see EXIM Bank policies - Economic Impact) and the environmental effects (see EXIM Bank policies - Environment).
This coverage is available for medium-term and long-term transactions. The total level of EXIM Bank support will be the lesser of 85% of the value of all eligible goods and services in the U.S. supply contract or 100% of the U.S. content in all eligible goods and services in the U.S. supply contract.
- Letter of Interest processing fee - $100
- A commitment fee of 0.5%, based on unused portions of the loan
- An exposure fee based on risk (variable; see Exposure Fee Calculator)
- Interest rate fixed at Commercial Interest Reference Rate (CIRR)
Generally, the repayment term of a transaction is determined by numerous variables, including, but not limited to, the borrower's financial condition, the common repayment terms the market gives such products, specific industry practices, industry and country conditions, useful life, OECD and Berne Union agreements, and the matching of terms offered by other foreign government-sponsored financing. Repayment terms are generally in excess of seven years.
- Final Commitment (AP): If the contract has been awarded, only the international borrower may submit the final commitment (AP) application.
- Letter of Interest (LI): If the contract has not been awarded, then an exporter, an international borrower, or a lender may request a nonbinding letter of interest (LI) containing EXIM Bank terms for the specific transaction. The LI is processed within seven working days, is valid for six months, and can be renewed.
- Preliminary Commitment (PC): In exceptional cases, EXIM Bank will accept an application for a preliminary commitment (PC). A PC is a nonbinding expression of interest from EXIM Bank that the borrower's needs, as outlined in the application, generally meet EXIM Bank's financing requirements.
If you are not a current EXIM customer, and would like to know more about the application process and apply on line, REVIEW THE PROCESS OVERVIEW HERE.