Ex-Im Bank's guarantees help you secure competitive financing for your international buyers. We guarantee term financing--generally up to 10 years--to creditworthy international buyers in both the private and public sector, and finance your local costs up to 30%. With our guarantee, international buyers get competitive term financing--that may previously have been unavailable-- from lenders.
How will these guarantees help my business?
Ex-Im Bank's Medium and Long-Term Guarantees provide:
- Risk mitigation for a transaction with a particular buyer.
- Financing for international buyers of U.S. capital goods and related services.
- More secure entry to emerging markets.
- Flexible lender financing options, backed by our guarantee, for buyers of U.S. capital goods and related services for long-term projects as well as medium-term, and flexible repayment terms.
- Coverage for 100% of commercial and political risks.
- No limits on transaction size.
Our guarantee to the lender is unconditional and transferable. We cover local costs up to 30% and ancillary services such as financial, legal or bank fees may be included.
- Ex-Im Bank finances only the U.S content. Please review Ex-Im Content Policy for more information.
- Ex-Im Bank can do business in most markets. However, we may be limited or unable to offer financing in certain countries and under certain terms. (See Country Information - Country Limitation Schedule).
- Products must be shipped from the U.S. to a foreign buyer.
- There is no minimum or maximum limit to the size of the export sale that may be financed with Ex-Im Bank's loan guarantee.
- Ex-Im Bank cannot support exports of military or defense products and services (with some exceptions), nor can we support purchases made by military buyers.
Ex-Im Bank's guarantee of a lender's loan to an international buyer is generally used for financing purchases of U.S. capital equipment and services. Prior to approving certain transactions, Ex-Im Bank will consider the economic impact of a particular transaction (see Ex-Im Bank policies - Economic Impact) and the environmental effects (see Ex-Im Bank policies - Environment).
This coverage is available for medium-term and long-term transactions. Ex-Im Bank provides an 85% guarantee (a 15% down payment is required from the buyer). Principle and accrued interest are included.
- Letter of Interest processing fee - $100
- Preliminary Commitment application fee - 0.1% of 1% of financed amount
- A commitment fee of 0.125%, based on unused portions of the loan
- An exposure fee based on risk (variable; see Exposure Fee Calculator)
- Interest rate negotiated between lender and borrower
Please call or visit the nearest Ex-Im Bank office for a free consultation with an Export-Import Bank Trade Finance Manager.
If you are not a current Ex-Im customer, and would like to know more about the application process and apply on line, REVIEW THE PROCESS OVERVIEW HERE.