Small Business Multi-Buyer Credit Insurance – a policy that protects an exporter’s accounts receivable – is a simple tool with significant benefits. The protection of a policy equips businesses with the confidence necessary to enter new markets and chart a path forward with margins they can depend on. With this security in hand, companies can increase their global competitiveness by offering credit terms needed to win sales. Moreover, EXIM support empowers exporters to overcome cash flow obstacles by borrowing against their insured receivables.
Use Small Business Multi-Buyer Credit Insurance to:
- Extend credit terms to foreign customers.
- Insure against nonpayment by international buyers.
- Cover both commercial (e.g., bankruptcy) and political (e.g., war or the inconvertibility of currency) risks.
- Arrange financing through a lender by using insured receivables as additional collateral.
Benefits of Small Business Multi-Buyer Credit Insurance:
- Risk reduction: safeguard against catastrophic losses from buyer nonpayment.
- Increased competitiveness: unlock the ability to offer buyers the credit necessary to expand into new markets and boost sales with existing customers.
- Improved liquidity: accelerate cash flow by borrowing against foreign receivables.
- Credit management expertise: ease the burden of credit risk management by leveraging EXIM’s international expertise.
How it Works
The nuts and bolts of a policy are simpler than one might imagine.
- Policies cover both commercial and political losses at 95%.
- No advance premium is required, and there is no minimum premium. Premia are paid no later than 30 days after the month of shipment.